Our History

Heyfields dates back to the late 16th Century when it was originally a small working farm this structure can still be seen at the back of the house. The land was then purchased by the Trentham Estate owned by The Duke of Sutherland in around 1860.

In 1870 work commenced to extend the cottage into a substantial house to accommodate the Duke’s estate manager who travelled from Scotland to run the estate.

By 1904 the property had been let to a member of the eminent Staffordshire pottery manufacturing and banking family the Alcock’s.

Empson Alcock Snr. moved to Heyfields along with his wife and two children, Empson Jr. and Violet, and the family eventually bought the property  in 1914 when the Estatewas split up by the Duke of Sutherland.

Empson Alcock Jr.who was born in 1890 enlisted in the 5th Battalion The North Staffordshire Regiment in September 1914. He was decorated with the Military Cross for bravery in 1917 but tragically killedin action shortly afterwards on the 21st August that year. So unlike the rest of his family who are buried at the east end of Tittensor Church, Empson Junior’s remains are to be found in Templeux-le-Guerard France. His obituary appeared in the local Staffordshire Sentinal and he has an entry in the Rugby School Memorial Book for The Great War.

The house was brought by Colonel Dobson in 1932 and was used as his private residence being close to his Brewery in Stone. In 1962 the Hancock family became the new owners. This is when the connection was made between the Hancock family and the present owners who then took over the ownership in 1984.

From 1984 to the present day the house has been sympathically extended on several occasions to meet the demands of the local community. The last addition was February 2013 where a separate purpose built 11 bed annexe was created to provide care for the terminally ill residents.

Heyfields as a Nursing Home was established in 1985 and has been under the continual ownership of Beverly Warren and her family.

Matron Sharon Jones, joined us in 1991 after completing her Registered Nurse training at St. Thomas Teaching Hospital in London. Our team comprises Registered Nurses, Enrolled Nurses, Care Workers and ancillary staff who have considerable combined experience. Some of the team have been with us at Heyfields in excess of 20 years.

In 1998 we gained recognition from ISOQAR for Quality Assurance ISO 9001. Early in 1999 we achieved Investors in People. Ongoing training and development plays a major role in achieving a high quality of care.Care Staff have gained NVQ Levels I, II, III, IV which considerably exceeds the figure of 50% of care staff as requested by the Care Quality Commission.



    Meet The Team

    [dt_team_masonry order=”asc” img_border_radius=”0px” post_title_bottom_margin=”0px” team_position_color=”#dd3333″ soc_icon_border_width=”0px” posts_offset=”0″ category=””]